Saturday, June 18, 2011

Jam Of Tha Rainy Day/Evening: Saturday 18th June 2011

Phil Collins - I Wish It Would Rain Down

Here in London today, the weather must be suffering from psychological problems. One moment it's raining softly. Suddenly the sun shines gloriously. Then it's, fuck it - let's have a thunderstorm. On second thought, let's tease folks with the sun and let them get sucked in before unleashing bucket-loads of rain. I've been inside so it doesn't bother me too much and I love the overcast, rainy day, especially when it's meant to be summer! :) 

So this evening I've chosen the Phil Collins anthem "I Wish It Would Rain Down", which is one of my favorite songs ever. Collins' solo career is as memorable and accomplished as his work with progressive rock group Genesis, spawning classic songs that will be remembered for generations. Over time, I've grown to prefer the demo to Eric Clapton's more polished, rock anthem-esque released version that took the world by storm. I've decided to post both tracks so you can see the progression of the song, how much each artist contributed to the final jam and, of course, judge for yourself. 

The released version:


The demo:



No comments:

Post a Comment