Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Jams Of Tha Day: Tuesday 28th June 2011

Memory Tapes - Sun Hits, Worries & Fell Thru Ice. 

Easily my favorite musician currently working in the industry, Memory Tapes (Dayve Hawk) balances emotional driven, beautiful crafted but equally haunting music unlike anyone else in the world. Yesterday Rough Trade released in advance his sequel album to one of my favorite albums of all time: Seek Magic. This Friday I'll be posting an in-depth review of my thoughts on this album (bear in mind if you saw my live twitter feed you know where I'm going with this one). Today I've decided to dedicated Jam of tha day to celebrate the release of this new album (which is streaming at this site: http://thequietus.com/articles/06468-memory-tapes-player-piano-stream-and-track-by-track-guide). I've chosen not to include the three previewed tracks  (Tracks 2,3,4) that have been all over the blogosphere for months, so check out these new cuts which prove that Hawk has progressed with more live instrumentation rather than focusing on electronic & retaining the sound which fans originally fell in love.

Sun Hits: 


Offers: 


Fell Thru Ice: 


Peace and lots of love

No comments:

Post a Comment